Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Impressions

When we first landed in New Zealand, exactly 6 year ago (complete coincidence, I swear), we went for a little drive to explore our new country. We woke up super early as we wanted to see as much as possible so we managed to watch the sun rise on our small journey. We stopped on the side of the road to have a look at some old boats stuck on the side of a river, when I walked across the street to take these two pictures... the sun was rising to the right of me, ready to warm the day, and to the left it showed how cold it still actually was. I'm just amazed at how these two photographs, taken at the same place (you can even see the fence that runs through both pictures) look as if they could be at two different places in the world. I fell in love with New Zealand on this day. I was so new to this place, I couldn't even tell you where I took these pictures (North Island somewhere, probably the Waikato). Enjoy!




And somewhere a few hours later, was a farm, and I took this for some reason. Looking at it now, I love the contrasting textures from the fence/gate and the clouds. I must've taken it for that exact reason...


No comments:

Post a Comment